|Fitness & Wellness:
|Fitness & Wellness
Lectures & Special Events
The George Rothman Aquatics Center features:
• Pool with a three-foot deep “learn to swim” zone, ideal for swimming lessons, aqua zumba and water aerobics classes for adults, and water sports for teens.
• Spray ground featuring buckets and activities, and beachfront entrance perfect for young children and those with physical handicaps
• Four-lane lap pool that is 75-feet long.
Monday-Thursday: 7:30am - 1:00pm and 2:00pm - 7:00pm
Fridays: 7:30am - 12:00pm and 2:00pm - 5:00pm
Saturdays: 1:00pm - 5:00pm
Sundays: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Coming to the Mandel JCC – Labor Day – October 31, 2014
ISR’s (Infant Swimming Rescue) results are achieved through fully customized, safe and effective, one-on-one lessons with only your child and the Instructor in the water. What your child will learn, and the way he or she will learn it, is what makes ISR so different from traditional swimming lessons. Always putting safety first, ISR emphasizes competence, which leads to confidence, and provides the foundation for a lifetime of enjoyment in and around the water.
ISR survival swimming lessons will teach your child Self-Rescue ™ skills as well as give them confidence to enjoy water activities. Infant Swimming Resource goes beyond traditional swimming instruction, by teaching children aquatic survival techniques designed to help them survive should they reach the water alone. For more than 45 years ISR’s proven Self-Rescue™ program has and continues to provide:
- Lesson Structure: Your child's classes are 5 days a week, Monday - Friday. Each class will be a maximum of 10 minutes with just one child and myself in the water. Much is accomplished in each short private lesson. Your child will have the same 10- minute time slot each day.
- Maintenance Lessons: Upon completion of the initial lessons, regular fine-tuning of your child's skills is highly recommended. Maintenance lessons can be once a week, once a month, or whatever frequency suits your schedule. Maintenance lessons can alleviate the need for a full refresher later.
- Refresher Classes: Upon completion of their initial lessons, every child should take a short 2-3 week refresher course the following year to help them adjust to their new body size in the water and re-evaluate their skill set.
Lesson will be available Monday - Fridays weather permitting. Two Saturday mornings available for make up sessions if needed. Roster slots will be open from 3:00-6:00.
ISR lessons are available to all children over 6 months that are first registered and approved by ISR on line. ISR lessons are not limited to infants and are available for all ages of children.
Quality Swimming is the finest swim school in South Florida. We are a year-round Aquatics Education Center that has been serving Boca Raton and the surrounding communities for over 26 years. Our all-inclusive program specializes in infant and toddler swimming (6 months to 3 years) as well as programs for all age groups, including adults and swim teams. We are active members of the United States Swim School Association. Our instructors have Lifeguard, CPR and First Aid certifications. In addition our leaders are certified Water Safety Instructors and several leaders are certified in Adaptive Aquatics.
All classes meet weekly and are 30 minutes in length unless otherwise noted. Schedule is subject to change based on enrollment. Additional classes may be available. Please call us and we will do our best to find a convenient time. We keep a small teacher: student ratio and will divide the Age Group classes based on skill levels.
Baby & Me, Toddler and Level Group classes; $90/month
Semi-Private (siblings) and Private Lessons; $220/month
*Special Pricing for Friends of the J – 10% discount
Annual Registration Fee:
$25/student; $75 maximum/family
Annual Registration Fee for Friends of the J; $20/student
Swim Bucks: When a new family registers with us and says your name at registration, you will receive a $20 credit on your account towards lessons. There is no limit to this offer, so get out there and tell your friends about Quality Swimming! The more families you refer, the more you receive! Payment from referred family must be received prior to receiving credit.
Baby & Me Classes
Recommended for students ages 6 months to 36 months. Infants and young toddlers tend to have a smoother adjustment to a new environment and new adults if the parent or primary caretaker is present.
> Tuesdays; 10:30am and 4:30pm
> Wednesdays; 4:30pm
> Sundays; 10:30am
Recommended for students ages 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 years old who is ready to enter a group without a parent or caregiver in the water. Students under the age of 2 1/2 must have completed Baby & Me Classes and must be recommended by an instructor.
> Thursdays; 3:15pm
> Sundays; 11:00am
Children over 3.5 years are grouped in classes from Level 1-6.
Level 1; Tuesdays, 3:45pm and Sundays, 1:00pm
Level 2; Tuesdays, 2:45pm and Sundays, 12:00pm
Level 3; Tuesdays, 4:15pm and Sundays 12:30pm
Level 4; Thursdays, 3:45pm
Level 5; Tuesdays, 2:45pm and Sundays, 11:30am
Level 6; TBD
Introduction to Swim Team. Stroke technique, interval training and drills are emphasized. Meets 2xweek for 60 minutes.
> Tuesdays and Thursdays; 5:00pm
Classes available for Beginner to Stroke Development.
|For more information, please call us at 561-487-8276
or visit our website at www.qualityswimming.com