|Fitness & Wellness:
|Fitness & Wellness
Lectures & Special Events
The George Rothman Aquatics Center features:
• Pool with a three-foot deep “learn to swim” zone, ideal for swimming lessons, aqua zumba and water aerobics classes for adults, and water sports for teens.
• Spray ground featuring buckets and activities, and beachfront entrance perfect for young children and those with physical handicaps
• Four-lane lap pool that is 75-feet long.
Pool hours as of November 3:
Monday-Friday: 7:30am - 1:00pm and 2:00pm - 7:00pm (the lap swimming area will be the only portion of the pool open for use after dark)
Saturdays: 1:00pm - 5:00pm
Sundays: 9:00am - 5:30pm
Sprayground hours as of November 3:
Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays; 3:00 - 5:00pm
ISR’s (Infant Swimming Rescue) results are achieved through fully customized, safe and effective, one-on-one lessons with only your child and the Instructor in the water. What your child will learn, and the way he or she will learn it, is what makes ISR so different from traditional swimming lessons. Always putting safety first, ISR emphasizes competence, which leads to confidence, and provides the foundation for a lifetime of enjoyment in and around the water.
ISR survival swimming lessons will teach your child Self-Rescue ™ skills as well as give them confidence to enjoy water activities. Infant Swimming Resource goes beyond traditional swimming instruction, by teaching children aquatic survival techniques designed to help them survive should they reach the water alone. For more than 45 years ISR’s proven Self-Rescue™ program has and continues to provide:
- Lesson Structure: Your child's classes are 5 days a week, Monday - Friday. Each class will be a maximum of 10 minutes with just one child and myself in the water. Much is accomplished in each short private lesson. Your child will have the same 10- minute time slot each day.
- Maintenance Lessons: Upon completion of the initial lessons, regular fine-tuning of your child's skills is highly recommended. Maintenance lessons can be once a week, once a month, or whatever frequency suits your schedule. Maintenance lessons can alleviate the need for a full refresher later.
- Refresher Classes: Upon completion of their initial lessons, every child should take a short 2-3 week refresher course the following year to help them adjust to their new body size in the water and re-evaluate their skill set.
Lesson will be available Monday - Fridays weather permitting. Two Saturday mornings available for make up sessions if needed. Roster slots will be open from 3:00-6:00.
ISR lessons are available to all children over 6 months that are first registered and approved by ISR on line. ISR lessons are not limited to infants and are available for all ages of children.
Swim With Gills has a strong reputation as being in leader in the Palm Beach and Martin County areas. Swim With Gills teaches water safety by creating a trusting and caring relationship with your children through the American Red Cross Learn-to-Swim program. In addition to providing swim instruction to the children in our preschool, Swim With Gills will be able to provide lifeguarding services, private or group swim lessons for all ages, swim team, stroke clinics, swim and safety seminars, dive in movies and adaptive aquatic swim instruction.
For more information about Swim With Gills, please contact: