ACE Lifelong Learning CenterWinter 2016
Ted Talk: "Why Climate Change is a Threat To Human Life"
Monday, February 1 @ 2:00pm
Xi Jinping’s Dreams for a New Chinese Middle Kingdom: A Plan to Overtake America & Dominate Asia
Tuesday, January 19 @ 2:00pm
Living Legends: Jews Who Are Changing the World
Tuesdays, Jan 6-Mar 8 @ 2:00pm
Wines of the World
Mondays, Jan 11-18 @ 12:30pm
Country Music, Rap and Jewish Prayers
Thursday, Mar 10 @ 2:00pm
Alive Inside: A Story of Music and Memory
Thursday, Jan 28 @ 2:00pm
How Democratic & Republican Economic Policies Affect You
Thursday Mar 31 @ 12:30pm
The Max Planck Florida Foundation presents: "It's a No- Brainer- What Bioscience (and MPFI) Should Mean To You"
Wednesday, Feb 24 @ 12:30pm
Living Today Through the Lens of the Torah
Fridays, Feb 5-Mar 18 @ 12:30pm
Dear Mandel JCC Community,
Welcome to the new and improved ACE Lifelong Learning Center. This semester kicks off dozens of new classes and a brand new name. The name, Lifelong Learning Center is two-fold. It promotes our love of lifelong learning and the value of continued education regardless of age or experience. Center refers to the Mandel JCC as the hub of the
Boynton Beach area for all areas of education from cultural arts to health and wellness to history and politics. There is no other facility of its kind in the area and the Mandel JCC is proud to be the premier adult learning center in Boynton Beach. We love to learn, we live to learn, and we value it so that we may pass it down from generation to generation as if it was an heirloom or gem.
With our brand new name comes brand new classes, innovative and influential instructors, creative offerings, as well as an upgrade to our sound and visual equipment. The interactive classes and programs feature some outstanding new presentations including:
• The Max Planck Florida Institute and Research Center will present informative seminars on the technology and science involved with brain research advancements.
• A Special presentation of the Sundance Film Festival award-winning film, Alive Inside will be shown followed by a panel discussion on how the power of music can provide a potential cure and improved quality of life for Alzheimer’s patients.
• We will also be focusing on Ted Talks, videos with the goal of sharing “ideas worth spreading” in fields like science, technology, business, culture, art and design. Live discussions will follow.
• The Meet the Author series features five local authors to talk about the literary world from their perspective
• Plus cooking demos, a Holocaust survivor, meditation, financial strategies, our brand new JCC Café and so much more!
Combine all of this with our returning programs such as Joyce Saltman, Scott Solkoff, Friday at the Movies, Opera and Ballet, politics, history, health research, current events, and entertaining performances the ACE program is better than ever!
Thank you to our volunteer instructors for your time and creative efforts. ACE would not exist without you. And thank you to all of you that continue to support the program. We look forward to seeing you in January!
With best regards,
Director, ACE Lifelong Learning Center
For more information: call Alan at 561-736-4766
Mandel JCC: 8500 Jog Rd. Boynton Beach, FL 33472