ACE Lifelong Learning Center
Dear Mandel JCC Community,
Welcome to the fall 2017 ACE Program Guide. This session is targeted at becoming one of our best ever. Having taken the recommendations of members and faculty, we have invited some innovative and diverse individuals to present interesting and original lectures including:
• From Imagination to Creation: Making Dreams into Reality in Ten Easy Steps
• The Return of the Jews to Their Ancestral Land
• Senior Insights: A Themed Series on Issues Affecting Seniors and Our Community
• Future Shock, Redux
• The History of Doo Wop Music
• Mind Odysseys: “A Series of Lectures Where Your Body Sits and Your Mind Journeys”
• Murals of the Palm Beaches
• Winston Churchill and His Relationship with the Jews
• Is Courtesy Dead? If So, Can it be Revived?
• Spontaneity is the Word of the Day
• Famous Law Enforcement Cases; Behind the Scenes Revealed
• And More!
Returning ACE favorites include: Andy Greenberg, Don Lapinsohn, Rabbi Barry Silver, Andrew Kahn, Dr. Rose Feinberg, Geoff Kashdan, George Feirstein, Scott Solkoff, Jerry Oltchick, Don Singer and Cultural Fridays. The ACE Open House will take place on Wednesday, October 11 at 1:00 pm. This is a meet and greet for our members and to serve as an introduction to the community who want to become acquainted with ACE and its faculty. Admission is free and light refreshments will be served. This year’s guest speaker is David Dalin, author of Jewish Justices of the Supreme Court: From Brandeis to Kagen.
Please note that classes will begin earlier starting on our opening day and will continue throughout the season. Classes begin at 12:00 noon. (Times for classes are 12:00 - 1:15 pm and 1:30 - 2:45 pm). ACE continues to be the center of lifelong learning and enduring mind inspiring continuing education in the community. Thank you for being an ambassador for ACE and your continued support is greatly appreciated.
Director, ACE Lifelong Learning Center
ACE 2017 Highlights
From Imagination to Creation: Making Dreams into Reality in Ten Easy Steps
Thursdays, October 19, 26 November 2, 9, 16 | 12:00 pm
What Do Jews Say About?....
Tuesday, November 14 | 1:30 pm
Senior Insights: A Themed Series on Issues Affecting Seniors and Our Community
Mondays, November 20, December 4, 11 | 1:30 pm
For more information: call Alan at 561-736-4766
Mandel JCC: 8500 Jog Rd. Boynton Beach, FL 33472